Tuesday, January 31, 2012

How to Make the Best Cup of Coffee Ever...

Well, not to float my own boat, toot my own horn, or sail my own ship as some might say, but there have been many people who've said I make the best damned cup of coffee this side of the Rockies.  But, I figured, since I can't have you all over for breakfast everyday, why not just share my secrets. **This technique will not work in any other way than using a French Press.

(Tim Dunkin' Horton Donut lovers may not want to read any further, this coffee will be super strong, as to which no amount of cream and sugar substitute will thin it out. This is the kind of stuff that makes hair grow on your teeth.)

Supplies:

`Coffee
`Coffee grinder
`French Press
`Tea kettle
`Awesomeness

Step One: Boil ze' water!
(I hope you'd figured that one out all by yourself)

Step Two: Grind your bean!
Toss a semi-calculated amount of coffee(whole bean only) into the grinder, filling an inch to 3/4 of an inch.  Grind the coffee for up to a count of 10(seconds),  NO MORE THAN THAT!!! The coffee should be coarse, not finely ground which would cause lots of sediment in the actual cup o' Joe.


Step Three: Fill the press with freshly ground bean!


Step Four: Pour in the water
Keep in mind that the French press I'm using has a capacity for about 2 1/2 cups of water. So for a single serve, I'd pour until about an inch from the upper rung of the metal frame, and that's enough for me to have a cup and a half of coffee! Just enough to get me moving around at the speed of light on a fine day off.


Step Five: Let it steeeeeeeep
For about 1 minute

Step Six: Press it like a button
Press the almighty plunger down and squeeze out the earthy nectar of the coffee bean

Step Seven: Pour and enjoy!



 You know if you've succeeded if your face ends up looking like this...








2 comments:

  1. Haaaaaaaaaaaaa.....so what kind of coffee do you use? Flavored or regular?

    ReplyDelete
  2. preferably Sumatran, but lately I've been using a mix of Sumatra and a few beans of a Chocolate flavored coffee.

    ReplyDelete